Tuesday, September 4, 2007

About Rev. Kong Hee

Most Singaporean would have hear of the name Kong Hee, the senior pastor of City Harvest Church. Sometimes, we hear negative news about him and his name "Kong Hee" is very much discussed in some blogs or forum.

It is quite amusing sometimes for me to read this negative comments on Rev. Kong Hee. Because most of these people who have negative comments are people who have no idea who Kong Hee is, and some even mixed him up with the senior pastor of Faith Community Baptist Church, Rev. Lawrence Khong. It is just like the story of 3 blind men who had never see and an elephant before. When an elephant was brought before them, each of them have an opinion on how the elephant looked like, and each of the blind man are very certain about their judgement.

I cannot say that I know Rev. Kong Hee inside out (only God knows that). However, based on the many years of being a member in CHC and on the number opportunities to interact with him, I would think that I would know him better than the generally public. Some critics would think that CHC members are all brainless or brain-washed by Rev. Kong Hee. This is a hilarious comment as Rev. Kong must be quite a good magician or illustionist to be able to deceive such a large congregation in CHC, not to mention many in CHC are top personnel in their respective fields or vocation.

So I hope this blog can serve as a contact point for anyone with queries about Rev. Kong Hee, so that you can hear from one of his members who has been around for the past many years. I cannot promise I can answer everything, but with a good spirit, I will try to clarify any doubt you may have.

Also in the days ahead, I would post some comments and reflection on what I had learned from this man who had profoundly impacted my life.

So today we begin this journey .... join me!

HARVESTER

No comments: